Thursday, May 7, 2009

MIZ - ZOU!!

So... I realize that it has been over a month since my last post... don't get too excited yet, as this is not going to be a long post... YET... :-)

Just wanted to share some immediate excitement with friends back home.

As I was waiting at the bus stop near Uni after an incredible Graduation Gala Orchestra Concert/Competition, I took time to people watch. This is my usual routine, and usually provides a fair amount of entertainment, for a common bus stop, that is. This evening, however, I watched a guy come to the stop where I was waiting. I looked at his bag because it said "National Geographic Society." Then saw his "All Blacks" jacket. Kiwi. Thenn.... I saw a TIGER. No joke. THE MIZZOU TIGER! On his baseball cap. :-D Oh goodness, I was excited. I evaluated the situation, checked out the hat, and indeed saw an "M" with our lovely tiger resting upon.

So I commented... "Sir, is that a Mizzou hat that you have?"... "Umm... no, sorry, it's not... eh... wait, OH! Missouri, yes!"

Turns out he has been there for 6 months, not sure how recently, but he mentioned Kansas within the first few words... then followed by apologizing and saying it was actually "Kansas City, the Missouri side."

I laughed.

So yeah, basically that's the story, he knows MISSOURI!! The first TRUE TIGER that I've spotted since arrival on February 16th here in good ole' Auckland, NZ.

Made my night.

Made my day, actually!




That's all for now. Much love and will post again soon. :-)

1 comment:

  1. aww, that's neat! That would have made my day too :)

    ReplyDelete